30 Amp RV Replacement Twist Lock Female Connector
Female twist-lock connector allows you to
construct a new RV power cord or replace the connector on an old one.
- Female twist-lock connector can be used to build a new cord or to replace a connector on an old one
with locking ring (A10-30CV - sold separately) can be used to create a
weatherproof connection with the threaded ring on your RV's power inlet
- Amperage: 30 amps
- 1-Year warranty
- Rugged and durable
- NEMA L14-20C configuration for use with reliance PB20 power inlet box
- 5 year limited warranty
- UL listed
- Item Weight: 1 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 14.7 x 6.5 x 3.1 inches
- Item model number: RV30AFDC
- Manufacturer Part Number: RV30AFDC
30A PLUG AND CONNECTOR WIRING INSTRUCTIONS
WARNING: To prevent electrocution, make sure the cable is not connected to a power source before installing the plug or connector.
Failure to comply with the following instructions could cause an electrical failure or fire.
1. Check to see that the rating on the plug or connector is correct for the installation.
2. Select a cable of suitable capacity, service and temperature rating. The plug and
connectors are designed for use with round jacketed cable with diameters from .465" (12/4
SJ) through 1.150" (8/5 S).
3. Choose the correct end of the cable for the plug or connector so that the conductor color
coding corresponds to the terminal location.
4-WIRE CABLE END FOR PLUGS 4-WIRE CABLE END FOR CONNECTORS
4. Slide the housing over the cable. Some 8 gauge cable is too large to fit through the
housing. If so, first knock out the removable strain relief insert from the inside of the
housing, then slide the housing over the 8 gauge cable.
Inside view of the housing with arrow
pointing to the removable insert.
5. Strip the end cable as shown below. Make certain the wire is clean and a bright copper
DO NOT SOLDER THE ENDS OF THE WIRES.
6. Insert all the conductors into the proper wire terminals.
Connect the GREEN wire (or green with yellow stripe) to the terminal with the green colored
screw and the wire entrance hole marked by the letter "G".
Connect the WHITE wire to the terminal with the silver colored screw and wire entrance hole
marked by the letter "W".
Connect the remaining wires to the terminals that are marked "X" or "Y".
7. Tighten the terminal screws to 14-20 in.-lbs. torque.
MAKE CERTAIN THERE IS NO WIRE INSULATION UNDER ANY TERMINAL CLAMP.
8. After tightening all the terminals, make sure the jacket of the cable is within one inch of the
back of the plug or connector body. This will assure that the strain relief properly grips the
9. Slide the housing over the plug or connector body and tighten the assembly screws.
NOTE: A KEY WAY IN THE HOUSING AND BODY PROPERLY ALIGNS THE TWO
10. Alternately tighten down the two strain relief screws at the rear of the housing.